Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #15 Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future of Libraries


Library 2.0 will rapidly increase the way users see libraries today. I read the title “Into a new world of librarianship” by Micheal Stephens, it is an informative blog about librarian 2.0. Web 2.0 allows users to have access to pretty much everything from where user’s stand. Also it allows users to create content. For all those busy bodies, this tool will come in handy. For one thing, my college assignments won’t be so complicated.

I read the Title “To a Temporary Place in Time” by Wendy Schultz which I found very interesting how she refers to the libraries of the past as communities. I sure miss the good old times! When I was little I use to wait anxiously with other families and my siblings for story time. Now in days, the Internet does it all.

I really like what I have read so far about Library 2.0. Before I knew about this web, I would have chosen old fashion libraries. But now I found a website that is as good as the libraries I had in my childhood because I can still chat, read, write, listen, and search in a faster pace. I can do all this through Library 2.0!

No comments: